But not without some hilarious memories you leave behind.
Was it Jonah receiving a gift of a t-shirt that states "I like drinking beer?" Close, but no.
Could it have been a rousing game of Loaded Questions, complete with me having zero grasp on the entire concept of one single question? Perhaps.
The highlight of my Christmas was the gifts.
Picture it. Cicero IL. 2008. Everybody is suffering from turkey and eclair cake hangover. It's gift time.
As usual, the kids (the youngest "kid" is my brother, turning 21 in a few short weeks) pass out the gifts. Once everything has been passed out, we usually open from youngest to oldest...but this year we switched it around. As us "kids" were sitting on the floor, eagerly awaiting our turn, Matt turns to me and says:
"Kelly. I think we got each other the same gift. Feel yours."
I grab my gift from Matt and feel it. Eerily enough, it does feel very similar to my gift to him. We decide that when his turn arrived, we'd open those two gifts simultaneously.
Oh my god. We got each other the same gift! Oh the laughter that ensued.
I guess Matt and I share some weird, cosmic, cousinly connection. We were "The Two Stupid Cousins" @ school...I suppose that's to blame! =)
Here are a few other pics from Christmas for your viewing enjoyment:
(Jonah and his "I love to drink beer" shirt.
(Jack's new pans. Gross in comparison to our old ones, aren't they? That's YEARS of BBQ's! Years, I say!)
(En route to Christmas.)
(Matt and his "Hi. I'm Mat. doormat.
My dad actually asked if it came in other
names.)
(Yep. Just what Jonah needed.)
We had a great Christmas this year...despite 1/2 the family either being a) sick, or b) in Ireland...oh yeah...or c) falling down on the ice upon leaving. Ok fine, that was just me.
Merry Christmas everyone!
3 comments:
Ha ha ha you fell? I love it! Just so you know, I wore a short sleeved shirt to Christmas Festivities yesterday. It was 75 degrees.
:)
LOL! Shutup.
Merry Christmas two days late!...wait it's four days now. Why did I say two? gah...back to work blahs I guess.
Post a Comment