In my job, I deal with a force of roughly 215 technicians that repair the equipment my company manufactures and sells. Think of them as Maytag repair "people" (there are a handful of females whom occupy this role) that work on machines a tad more complicated than a washer.
So I'm talking to one of my local Chicago area "techs" and we get on the topic of a certain female in the company. She's gorgeous, blonde, tan, has a big rock on her left hand, and a handsome, rich fiance. The girl never has a hair out of place, and is the secret desire of most "average" looking women in this country. As we were chatting, I told him that I'd give my right leg to be her. With this comment, he hesitated, and I asked why.
Him: "Well, she's a beautiful woman, I'll admit. But she's a real bitch."
Me: "Really?"
Him: "Yeah, really."
Me: "Soooo, you're saying I'm a lot more fun to talk to and work with than Senorita Gorgeous Blonde?"
Him: "Oh yeah. Hands down!"
In this plastic, size 2, blonde mecca we live in, it's odd to hear a "typical" American guy make a comment like this. At the same time, it's refreshing. The day will never come in which a buxom, rubenesque woman will even be given the time of day over Barbie, but comments in passing like this one give us hope.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See?! You're fun! *lol(
Post a Comment