Alright...I knew it was going to be a cold one this morning...so I was out of bed right at 6am, allowing myself a few extra mins to get my numerous layers put on, as well as clean the snow off of the car. I dressed, started up the ice-mobile, and was on my merry little way to the rec. I was so proud of myself...I left the house 3 minutes earlier, assuring a good treadmill. There's no way any of the old folks could possibly have arrived yet.
Wrong.
I pull into the parking lot (It's like a 5 min drive from my house to the rec) and huddled in front of the door were 4 of them.
Ok...please tell me this: If you were retired...had no job to go to, and other than the occasional early bird special, had generally nothing else going on with your day...would you ever, EVER go work out at 6 fucking thirty am? WHEN IT'S 10 DEGREES OUTSIDE?
I just don't understand these people. I mean, don't get me wrong...I totally admire their drive and determination...but please. Sleep in. Be crazy. Stay in bed till 7. I mean, what's the hurry? Really? Leave the good treadmills for those of us who really only have 30 mins or so to play around with, and who do still have to go to work.
I just don't get it.
And for the record, I DIDN'T get a good treadmill. I mean, I could have run ahead of them and beat them to the room..because I guarantee you, that's one group of people I could beat in a race. But, I have some tact (some)...and decided to be graceful about it.
Hmph. Old people. They're funny creatures.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment